Looking for a way to beat the summer heat? There are plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy here in Anaheim, from a hike to explore the Santa Ana River trail to all of our world-famous amusement parks.
But sometimes those outdoor activities are just too hot, and all you want to do is jump in the pool! That's why Knott's Soak City is the place to go for a splashing good time. This 15-acre water park right next to Knott's Berry Farm is the perfect spot for a day of splashing and soaking that is fun for all ages.
All About Knott's Soak City Water Park
Soak City is a separate water park located at Knott's Berry farm. It has 23 waterslides, one of the world's longest lazy rivers, and a 750,000-gallon wave pool. It's open seasonally, and dates vary, so be sure to double-check their calendar for hours of operation.
Soak City has multiple water rides for every guest, big or small. From lazy rivers and splash pads to heart-pumping vertical-drop slides, it's no wonder that Soak City is a popular spot on hot summer days.
Here's a quick look at the best attractions at the park. For a more relaxed experience, consider renting a semi-private cabana with your lounge chairs, inner tube rentals, and a shaded patio table.
- Old Man Falls–You can't have a water park without a big drop. Old Man Falls is a classic tube slide with plenty of dips, weaves, bends, and turns. And, of course, a gravity-powered 63-foot drop!
- Beach House–The Beach House is a three-story watery fun house with waterfalls, slides, water guns, faucets, and plenty of wet surprises. The giant bucket pours 500 gallons over the whole place every five minutes.
- Gremmie Lagoon–Gremmie Lagoon is for the little ones under 54 inches tall. It features some scaled-down versions of the other attractions just for them.
- Sunset River–Not everything at Soak City is about adrenaline and hair-raising drops. Sunset River is all about relaxation on a classic 1,780-foot-long lazy river. Lie back in your comfy inner tube and enjoy the ride!
- The Wedge–Gather your family and hop on board a six-person raft for an open-air adventure.
If you get hungry during your stay, there are two restaurants at Soak City–Portside Pizza and Longboard's Grill. Portside Pizza serves funnel cakes, salads, and, of course, pizza! Longboards serve hot dogs, burgers, fish and chips, chicken sandwiches, wraps, and salads.
Location and Hours
Soak City is located next to Knott's Berry Farm. It's off of Beach Boulevard at La Palma Avenue in Buena Park.
Soak City is open from mid-May to early September. Its regular hours are from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm, although dates and times may vary. Be sure to log onto Knott's Berry Farm website to double-check.
Knott's has taken the risk of COVID-19 exposure seriously. Guests can wear face coverings but are not required to. The State of California recommends that guests be either fully vaccinated or have obtained a negative COVID-19 test within the last 48 hours before attending the park.
All Knott's Berry Farm parks are also now cashless. You can pay anywhere using your debit or credit card or Apple or Google Pay. You can also stop at a Cash-to-Card kiosk for a refillable card that you can use throughout the park.
Splash Into Soak City
Soak City is Orange County's largest outdoor waterpark. So, don't let the summer heat get you down. Splashing into Soak City is fun for the whole family, both the kids and the kids-at-heart.